Road Tripping in the Winter
iWitness weather user: happy_Camper
Road trips aren’t just for summer anymore! Whether your goal is to escape the cold and snow or enjoy the beautiful vistas of winter from the comfort of your car, many folks have a favorite winter drive.
(More: Trip Planner)
We asked our 1 million+ Facebook fans to weigh in on their favorite winter drives. As usual, you had some fantastic suggestions. We compiled a few of the best options and give you some suggestions for stops along the way. We also give a shout-out to the Facebook fans who were the inspiration for some of these drives.
Sit back, enjoy, and plan a winter getaway with our help.
- American Bridges: 7-Mile Miracle
- Amazing Bridges: Bay Brilliance
- Amazing Bridges: Gorgeous Gorge
- American Bridges: Midwestern Marvel
- American Bridges: Covered Crossing
- Four Seasons of Amazing Color
- Fog Like You've Never Seen
- Witness Truly Dark Skies
- Stay...in a Cave?
- REALLY Cool Light Show
- Think You've Seen Fog Before?
- Mesmerizing Views of Night Sky
- Top U.S. Natural Wonders
- Stunning Stars
- Adventure Junkie's Awesome Flight
- Amazing Stargazing
- Scariest Roller Coasters
- Drive in to a Drive-in Movie
- Morbid Road Trip: Dark Side of L.A.
- Ghost Town Becomes Tourist Attraction
- How to Take Great Candid Vacation Photos
- Driving Forecast
- Travel Forecast
- Car Sickness Explained and Avoided
- Weekend Outlook
- Traveler's health kit
- Lighthouse Fascination
- How To Take Great Vacation Videos
- How To Take Great Outdoor Photos
- Travel Tips in the Palm of your Hand